|Sunday - Friday||07:00 AM - 11:00 PM|
|Other Time||On Appointment|
Expert in Sports MedicineOrthopaedic Surgeon expert in Trauma, Hand and Wrist surgeries, Reconstructive Surgeries for Hand.
Sports medicine is a branch of medical practice involved with the treatment of injuries caused from athletic activities and sports.
Types of injuries caused due to athletic activities can be:
• Tennis elbow: Common in young people, it is an aching condition that arises when tendons in the elbow are overloaded, due to repetitive motions of the wrist and arm.
• Golfer’s elbow: It’s a condition that causes pain surrounding the tendons of forearm muscles attached to the bony bump on the inside of the elbow.
• De Quervain’s tenosynovitis: A condition causing pain in the tendons on the thumb side of the wrist.
• TFCC injury: This can be a mild to severe injury causing a tear in the soft tissues of the wrist that protect and support the carpal bones and provide forearm stability. The doctor will repair the damaged part of TFCC by making small incisions around the wrist.
• Wrist arthroscopy is a surgical procedure where doctor will use a tiny camera to examine the injury. After understanding the condition, he will make repairs to the wrist and area affected due to the injury.
Dr. Srikanth Varma is a specialist for wrist care and has done successful wrist arthroscopic surgeries in the past.
To get the right treatment, please book your appointment today by phone or online.